Friday, January 30, 2015

Updated Workout Routine


This post is an updated version of my workout routine - I wrote one here (http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/my-workout-routine.html) a few months back and that was when I was still in the earlier stage of BBG2.0 - my workout routine has changed quite a bit since a month ago when I started pole dancing, and together with the fact that I will be finishing BBG2.0 by the end of this week (YES I AM NOW ON WEEK24 :D!!! ALMOST DONE!!!) -I thought you might want to know how my new routine is like! (:
 As you can see, I add an optional 10-15 minutes Abs workout almost everyday - you can find my favorite 10 minutes Abs workout here http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/12/my-favorite-10-mins-ab-workout.html and you can mix and match them for a different Abs workout everyday!
Monday
Kayla's Legs Workout
Optional: 10 minutes Abs workout

Tuesday
Pole Dancing Class (1 hour)
Flexibility Class (1 Hour)
Optional: 10 minutes Abs workout

Wednesday
Kayla's Arms Workout
Optional: 10 minutes Abs workout

Thursday
Heavy Lifting:
- Squats with Barbell 3 x 5 reps (Currently on 35kg)
- Bench Press 3 x 5 reps (Currently on 25kg)
- Pull Ups 3 x 10 reps (Currently on 19kg)
HIIT (15 minutes of 30s:30s interval sprinting @13-15.5kmph)
Optional: 15 minutes Abs workout
Friday
Kayla's Abs Workout
Optional: Pole Practice (3 hours)


Saturday
Heavy Lifting: 
- Squats with Barbell 3 x 5 reps (Currently on 35kg)
- Overhead Press 3 x 5 reps (Currently on 15kg)
- Chin Ups 3 x 10 reps (Currently on 19kg)
Kayla's Full Body Workout/ LISS (Power walk at 6 kmph for  45 minutes/ Swim for )
Optional: 10 minutes Abs workout

Sunday
Pole Practice (3 hours)
Optional: 15 minutes Abs workout

Hope you will find this post also useful to your fitness journey! Subscribe to my blog for more fitness tips and healthy recipes (:

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel

10 comments:

  1. Hello emi! I love your blog and instagram! You look really amazing and you are definitely my inspiration; )
    I'm currently on BBG 1.0 week 2 and i just did my legs today...It was a killer...I couldn't do the jump lunges! It was just too hard for me! Did you have the same kind of problem that you could not finish some kinds of workouts because its simply too hard for you? and what did you do to cope with it? Thanks a lot xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yuki! Thank you so much for the kind words! I also struggled a lot when i first started the BBG - you can find more details here in my blog post http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/12/10-faqs-about-fitness-me.html (: hope you find it helpful! x

      Delete
  2. Hey Emi! Thanks to your blog I am inclined to begin heavy lifting. It is really helpful to see how you have progressed and increased your weight load. I was wondering if you can recall how many kg you started out lifting (for squats, bench press, deadlift, overhead press, and rows?). Also, are protein shakes essential? How much has protein shakes influenced the results you've achieved? Thanks for such as inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! you can find out about the weights I use on my blogposts: http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/my-workout-routine.html and also a more updated one: http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.com/2014/12/updates-how-much-weight-i-use-in-my.html
      you can also find the details of my protein supplement here: http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.com/2014/12/protein-and-health-supplements-unique.html

      Delete
  3. Great and excellent blog post! thanks for sharing with us...

    Personal trainer Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question: It seems to me you workout 7 days a week, with not a single rest day. Wouldn't this type of workout routine lead to injury of the joints and back???How did you manage to stay injury free?? I'm surprised you have remained injury-free.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First - this is not the most updated version of my workout routine and i no longer do this. You can find the most updated version in my other post.
      Second, injuries occur when you exercise in an incorrect form i.e. Wrong form of squats and etc. its not about the frequency you work out. Everyones body is different and how much you workout depends on your own strength and how active your body feels like. It is therefore no surprise that people who work out 7 days a week do not suffer from injuries as long as they know whats suitable for their bodies and know how to do each exercise in the correct form. Many of the exercises above are also optional, depending on my own schedule and how i feel that day.

      Delete
  5. I have just installed iStripper, and now I enjoy having the sexiest virtual strippers dancing on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete