Thursday, January 22, 2015

Healthy Chocolate Spelt Pancakes

Cannot believe it has almost been a month since I last made pancakes...I used to make them at least once a week! (you can find more of my other pancakes recipes on my previous blogposts). Have been so busy and did not have much time to enter the kitchen but I do miss the delishhhhh pancakes! Life is not the same without them yummies :D So today, I decided to make some Healthy Chocolate Spelt Pancakes and they turned out to be so yummy! My parents love them too heh so I hope you do too!


Ingredients

Spelt Flour x 2 cups
Raw Cacao Powder x 1/2 cup
Baking Soda x 1 tsp
Baking Powder x 1.5 tsp
Brown Sugar x 1.5 tbsp
Pink Salt x 1/2 tsp
Homemade Almond Milk x 1.5 cup (Recipe at earlier post: http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/homemade-almond-milk.html)
Whole Eggs x 2
Coconut Oil (Melted) x 1 tbsp
Vanilla Extract x 1 tsp
Pure Honey x 2 tbsp
Optional Toppings: Pure Honey/ Fresh Fruits/ Greek Yogurt
Servings: 12 palm size pancakes


Directions

In a mixing bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients - spelt flour, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and pink salt.. Then in another mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients - almond milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and whisk it well. Add the dry mix into the wet mix and stir until well combined. Grease a non-sticking pan with coconut oil, scoop out the pancake batter (one tablespoon for each pancake) and cook the pancakes on each side (flip once you see the surface bubbling). You can serve them with pure honey, fresh fruits and also greek yogurt. TA-DAH these yummy chocolate pancakes are now ready! Hope you enjoy them as much as me and my family do ;D Subscribe to my blog for more healthy and yummy recipes!

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel

5 comments:

  1. I don't have spelt flour, but I do have coconut flour. Can I use that as a substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the 12 pancakes are 1 service only?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chocolate pancakes are perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete