Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Updates - How much Weight I use in my Workouts

Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding
Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding
 When I first started this blog a month ago, I wrote about my weekly workout routine http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/my-workout-routine.html - including how much weight I am lifting in my extra workouts in addition to Kayla's BBG resistance training. Since that was already one month ago, I would like to do an update on how much weight I am lifting now. No matter how little the increment is, improvement is still improvement (: I would also like to include how much weight I am using in each of the Kayla's exercises (the ones that require weights) for your references as quite a few of you have asked me about it.
Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding

Kayla's Workouts
Russian Twist: 6 kg
Weighted Bent Legs Jackknifes: 8 kg
Weighted Straight Legs Jackknifes: 8 kg
Walking Lunges: 8 kg
Jump Lunges: 8 kg
Toe Taps: 8 kg
Barbell Close Squats: 15 kg
Barbell Sit Squats: 15 kg
Weighted Step Ups/ Knees Ups: 8 kg
Dumbbell Squat & Press: 4 kg
Single Arm Squat & Press 5 kg
Straight Legs Deadlift: 20 kg
Bent Over Reverse Fly: 3 kg
Weighted Burpees: 5 kg
Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding
My Own Lifting:
Bench Press: 25 kg
Overhead Press: 15 kg
Squats: 30 kg
Pull up: 19 kg
Chin up: 19 kg
Pulley Row: 12 kg
Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding


One thing that I want to say is - if you feel like you can handle it, do not be afraid to increase the weights for every workout because they are what will stimulate your muscles growth. I hope the next update that I will do, you can see significant increase in the weights that I will be using!
Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding

Fitness Transformation Progress Photo Abs Asian Girl Bodybuilding

Hope you find this information useful! Stay tuned for more fitness posts by subscribing to my blog!

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emi! Just wanted to say thank you, you are a real inspiration! Just wondering, when you started the BBG did you do HIIT on weeks 1-8 or did you follow the guide and only add it in on weeks 9-12? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hannah! Thank you so much for the kind words - and yes I followed the guide and only added it in on weeks 9-12 (:

      Delete
  2. Hei! I don't want to stulate my muscle to hrow anymore because i already have firm legs and for me even too much bulky! I just want to get lean and lose some kg of fat and leave my muscles! What do you think about doing the bbg withput weights? I met a girl that did the bbg 2 times without weights and she got so so lean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the weights used in the BBG are rather light so actually you dont have to worry about getting bulky (:

      Delete