Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hot Grilled Toasties

Some of you who have been following me a while on instagram would know that I am very obsessed with Hot Grilled Toasties! They are super simple to make, they are healthy, and THEY ARE SO SO SO YUMMY. So good for winter! Only thing that you need is a sandwich maker! I would highly recommend those of you who like grilled sandwiches, toasts and waffles to get one - mine is a 3 in 1 sandwich maker SM650 fro Kenwood - it has a sandwich, grill/griddle and also a waffle plate. For the grilled toasties, you can use either the sandwich plate or the grill/griddle one. For me, I prefer the grill/griddle because you can stuff more fillings inside the sandwich!

It is really easy to make these toasties - basically you just put whatever you like in between 2 pieces of bread, have them grilled inside the sandwich maker for a few minutes (depending on how crispy you like your toasts to be) and ta-dah they are done! So instead of giving step by step directions to bore you to death, I am just going to share with you some of the combinations of ingredients that I like to make my Grilled Toasties with - all of them vegetarian! (:


1. Grilled Four Cheese with Avocado and Spinach Toasties 

Ingredients: Avocado Slices, Raw Baby Spinach, Ricotta Cheese, Feta Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Mozarella Cheese, Fresh Lime Juice (squeezed onto the Avocado Slices), Salt and Pepper, Dark Rye Bread


2. Avocado and Egg Grilled Cheese Toasties

Ingredients: Sunny Side-up Eggs, Mashed Avocado with Lime Juice and Salt and Pepper (basically a Guacamole), Crumbled Feta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Crushed Red Chili Flakes, Whole Wheat Bread


3. Grilled Four Cheese and Spinach Toasties
Ingredients: Ricotta Cheese, Feta Cheese, Cottage Cheese and a bit of Mozzarella Cheese, Slightly Cooked Baby Spinach with a handful of Cilantro and Basil (Pan-fried all three with a bit of Coconut Oil), Dark Rye Bread

4. Sweet and Savory Grilled Toasties


Ingredients:
Sweet: Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread with Fresh Banana Slices
Savory: Mashed Avocado with Lime Juice, Salt and Pepper (Guacamole) with Feta Cheese and Cottage Cheese

Whole Wheat Bread
These ones I used the sandwich plate instead of the grill plate and you can see that I could not put as much fillings inside.


5. Grilled Three Cheese Avocado Toasties

Ingredients: Avocado Slices, Ricotta Cheese, Feta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Crushed Red Chili Flakes, Lime Juice (a bit), Dark Rye Bread
You can see that quite a few of them are quite similar haha it's just because Avocado, Cheese, Spinach are my favorite food of all time :p but I promise I will try get more creative from now on and think of some new grilled toasties recipes!

Hope you like these toasties as much as I do! Stay tuned for more yummy and delicious recipes by subscribing to my blog!

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel











8 comments:

  1. I loveeeee toasties so much! Did you used low Cat cheese ? And the chocolate Peanut Butter spread had cane suger or Honey in their ingredients ? I will love to know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Camila! Yes I use low fat cheese for all of theme - and for the Peanut Butter Spread it does not contain any added sugar in it (:

      Delete
  2. Hello there! Discovered your instagram and blog, and am liking your stuff!
    Just a question about your yummy recipes though, how do you eat so many toasties a week / baked treats and still stay so trim? Do you make sure they fit your daily macros? I have trouble with my diet, not so much with exercising... Would be great to get some advise as I am a huge foodie! (I always thought eating too much cheese/dairy products was very fattening, as well as honey.)

    Sincerely
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these recipes are yummy but all extremely healthy - and i dont really eat that much baked treats a week haha even though they are all completely health with nutrients that nourish the body. you can find my clean eating diet here http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/clean-eating-diet.html and I do not count any "macros' because I do not think it is a healthy and sustainable way for a fitness journey. you can find more details at the post xx oh and no cheese and honey are very healthy as our body do need healthy fats as well as natural sugar which comes from honey and also dairy products. they are the perfect substitues to unhealthy fat and sugar - you can also do more research on them (: x hope this helps

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your aadvice! :)
      Merry Christmas!!! ��

      Delete
  3. I was just wondering what do you use to grill your toasties? I'm usually not a sandwich person, but these look like something I would eat all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! You can find the detailed information in the post - "Only thing that you need is a sandwich maker! I would highly recommend those of you who like grilled sandwiches, toasts and waffles to get one - mine is a 3 in 1 sandwich maker SM650 fro Kenwood - it has a sandwich, grill/griddle and also a waffle plate. For the grilled toasties, you can use either the sandwich plate or the grill/griddle one. For me, I prefer the grill/griddle because you can stuff more fillings inside the sandwich!" (: hope this helps! x

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Sorry I don't know how I missed that!

      Delete