Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread

Homemade Healthy Oats Banana Bread Recipe
Whenever I see Healthy Banana Bread recipes on the internet, most of them consist of at least 1 cup of sugar - I just cannot help but wonder, how can the recipe be called "healthy" when one whole cup of sugar is added? and isn't banana itself sweet enough? So this morning, I have decided to make my own Banana Bread with zero sugar added - and it comes out so yummy! Trust me, I do not like tasteless food either, and this Banana Bread is sweet enough just fine - the best thing is, it is the natural and healthy kind of sweetness (: Perfect to go with a tea/ coffee in the morning!
Homemade Healthy Oats Banana Bread Recipe
Homemade Healthy Oats Banana Bread Recipe


Ingredients
Medium Fresh Banana x 3
Whole Egg x 1
Applesauce (Unsweetened) x 1/3 cup
Pure Honey x 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract x 1 tsp
Homemade Almond Milk x 3/4 cup (you can sub it with any milk of your choice)
Whole Wheat Flour x 1.5 cup
Rolled Oats x 1 cup
Baking Powder x 1.5 tsp
Baking Soda x 3/4 tsp
Pink Salt x 1/4 tsp
Ground Cinnamon x 1 tsp
Homemade Healthy Oats Banana Bread Recipe


Directions
Preheat Oven to 175C. In a mixing bowl, mash banana and then mix in egg, apple sauce, honey, vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir until smooth. In another large mixing bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix, stir until well combined. 
Grease a loaf pan (or any kind/ shape of baking dish of your choice) with olive oil. Pour the mix into the pan and sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of rolled oats on top of the mix. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Ta-dah, your super healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread is now ready! 
Homemade Healthy Oats Banana Bread Recipe
Homemade Healthy Oats Banana Bread Recipe
Hope you like the recipe and stay tuned for more healthy and delicious food posts by subscribing to my blog!

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel

8 comments:

  1. Hey Emi,
    I recently discovered your blog through instagram and been loving everything you post! I just have a question regarding the density of the almond milk you use in your recipes. You mentioned in the almond milk recipe that you prefer it richer, but I'm guessing that's not the case when you're cooking. I'm planning on making some later on this week, so I look forward to hearing back from!

    Thanks a bunch, and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your comment and the kind words! Yes you are right, the almond milk I use for cooking is less dense so you can mix with more water (:! Good question btw xx

      Delete
  2. My Love Emi,

    This is Irene birdy here..
    Would like to know the portion size that you take for every single meal. I feel like i m eating too much even the food are healthier option, so would like to have a reference from you.

    Have a beautiful day xoxo
    Love
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Irene! I wrote a post earlier about my eating diet and the portion size for each of the meal: http://stayfitandtravel.blogspot.hk/2014/11/clean-eating-diet.html hope you find it useful! (:

      Best,
      Emi

      Delete
  3. Hi i'm making the banana bread right now but is it really 175 degrees C and not 375?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! 375 would be too hot - the bread will be burnt! it can be 375F though (: (if you oven uses F instead of C)

      Delete
  4. This banana bread was a hit! My family couldn't believe that it had no sugar in it :) It was absolutely delicious and I'm looking forward to making more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha YAYS i am sooo glad to hear that!!! :D that totally motivates me to go back to the kitchen more ;p (I have not been cooking for some time), thanks girl for telling me that!!!!!

      Delete