Thursday, November 20, 2014

Beans and Quinoa Salad - Vegetarian Protein Meal!

As someone who goes from eating very meat-focused meals(I used to eat meat even for breakfast! I was the biggest meat-lover) to now eating 5 days of vegetarian meals a week (with the rest of the two days only 2-3 meals with meat), it is definitely a headache for me every meal - WHERE DO I GET ENOUGH PROTEINS? 
Beans and Quinoa Salad Recipe


I would say Beans and Quinoa are 2 of my favorite sources of protiens and I especially love when they go together - BEANS & QUINOA SALAD. You can eat them alone/ add any other ingredients you like or have them stuffed into peppers and etc!
Beans and Quinoa Salad Recipe

Ingredients
Red Quinoa x 1 cup
Black Quinoa x 1 cup
Red Kidney Beans x 1 can
Chickpeas x 1 can
Basil and Coriander Leaves x 1 handful
Coconut Oil x 2 tbsp
Beans and Quinoa Salad Recipe
Directions
Mix Black Beans, Chick Peas, Basil, Coriander Leaves and Coconut Oil together. Refrigerate the beans mix for 30-60 minutes. In a pot, bring water to boil, and then boil the Quinoa for 15 minutes. After that, turn the heat off, cover the pot with a lid and let the Quinoa to be soaked in the hot water for another 10 minutes. Drain the water out and then let the Quinoa to cool down (for around 30-45 minutes, or you can put it into the fridge for it to cool down quicker). Once the Quinoa is cooled down, mix it together with the beans. You can add salt and pepper as well as red chili flakes according to your taste.
Beans and Quinoa Salad Recipe

Hope you enjoyed my recipe - Subscribe to my blog and stay tuned for more yummy and healthy food posts!

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel


1 comment: